What: Sullivan Cave Trip
Why: Introduction to Caving
Event dates: Feb 23 to Feb 24
- Arrive at Luke’s Lodge by 8am, Feb 23
- Important: we’ll go straight to caving before setting up camp. All Scouts should have their caving clothes ready when they arrive.
- Eat breakfast before you come or bring sack breakfast
- Leave Luke’s Lodge at 9am, driving to Sullivan Cave.
- Upon arrival at IKC Sullivan Cave, group will set up camp and prepare and eat lunch.
- Cave in Sullivan Cave with Paul Uglum, Cave Guide
- Dinner will be hot food.
- Overnight at IKC Sullivan Cave Campsite.
- Breakfast prepared by group.
- Return to Luke’s Lodge by 11am
- There is a WAIVER required to participate.
- Read First, Instructions on filling out waiver: http://ikc.caves.org/sites/default/files/docs/How%20to%20fill%20out%20an%20IKC%20Waiver.pdf
- Sullivan Cave Waiver at: http://www.ikc.caves.org/sites/default/files/docs/Sullivan.pdf
- Use winter backpacking list as a starting point: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NHR0E5ohA5nMuvp6iMVlAYASs8EtpjLmE1a3ZrbKBwE
- Bring a bicycle helmet or caving helmet.
- Bring clothes that you will never wear outside a cave again or that you can throw away.
- Please review attached Caving Equipment list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q82icV7FqLV7IZfmRg80gth27N9MeD9UYfl3g3uNJUI
This event will cost $25 per scout.