What: Charles Deam Wilderness Hiking Campout
Event dates: Sept 14, 5:45pm ET – Return, Sept 16, 2:00pm ET
Location is Charles C. Deam Wilderness area. The entrance address is 1800 Tower Ridge Rd, Heltonville, IN 47436 Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/SUMj82tCELk .
- Arrive at Luke’s Lodge by 5:45pm – Load cars. The trailer will not be going.
- Depart Luke’s Lodge 6:30 PM. Please eat a dinner before departure or bring sack dinner.
- First night will probably be spent near Blackwell Horse Camp.
- Review packing list (pack light) on troop web; more details at troop meeting
- This trip is strongly recommended for all who have committed to Philmont in June 2019 as it is part of the required Philmont shakedown trips
- Back packing tents will be used and will need to be re-checked
- Back packing stoves/fuel and water purification equipment will be carried and used
- Freeze dried and/or back packable food and snacks will be on the menu
Use Spring/Summer backpacking list.
This event will cost $25 per scout.
This signup will close Sept 10, at 10pm ET.