Troop-56 will be going canoeing at the Chain O Lakes State Park, 2355 E 75 S, Albion, IN 46701 (Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/Hh1SMze2wuQ2 ).
Sign-ups will be limited to 18 Scouts on a first come first serve basis.
Leave: We will depart St. Luke’s Lodge May 20 at 6:30pm. Pack a dinner for the trip (it is a three hour drive).
Return: We’ll be back to St. Luke’s Lodge 1pm May 22. Lunch will be eaten on the return drive back.
Who can signup:
- Age 13 or older
- Meet one of the following:
- Passed the BSA Swimmer Test for the 2016 year
- Be an active current member of a high school or club swim team
- Have completed the swimming merit badge
- Have a current physical form with Parts A, B, and C completed within 12 months before May 22, on file with the troop (form information PDF). – All Scouts in the Troop have Parts A and B completed (a requirement to be in the Troop). If you attended Ransburg in the summer of 2015 then you have Part C completed and on file.
- Not have a physical condition that would prevent them from getting into the lake.
FYI, Acceptance of swim team / club membership and/or swimming merit badge completion in lieu of the pre-camp BSA Swimmer Test will be up to the judgement of the Scoutmasters.