On September 23 – 25, 2016, Troop 56 will be going to Rice Woods Camp, E 600 N & N 1100 E, Koontz Lake, IN 46574 (Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/CRbfD5W7L4x).
Sign up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7GTMB9Y
Plan: This trip is about getting some time at the dunes on Lake Michigan on Saturday of the campout.
Leave: Depart Luke’s Lodge 6:30 PM Sept 23. Please eat a dinner before departure or bring sack dinner.
Return: We’ll be back to St. Luke’s Lodge, 1:00pm Sept 25.
Campsite name: Deer Run, camp site map: https://www.lasallecouncilbsa.org/files/6690/Rice-Woods-Camp-Map
This campout will cost $25.00 per scout.
Show and sells are a great way to participate in the Troop 56 popcorn
sales and reach their individual scout goal of selling $360 of popcorn
(or every family with more than one scout in T56 goal of $500 of
- Additional signup slots for future days will be made available. We are only showing the first show & sell weekend to get things started.
- Please sign up for only one time slot.
- Scouts must have a parent attend the show and sell with them.
- Scouts must wear their uniform during the show and sell.
- Each Scout who participates in Show & Sells will receive a proportional credit of the Show & Sell revenues that will be applied toward their per scout sales goal.
FAQ on Troop 56 popcorn sales here: http://bit.ly/t56-popcorn-2016
Questions? Email Glenn Funkhouser (firstname.lastname@example.org), Stacey Stalcup
(email@example.com), or John Blue (firstname.lastname@example.org).
On August 26 – 28, 2016 Troop-56 will be going to Shades State Park, 7751 South 890 West, Waveland, IN (Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/vgcD72FZ7Uv ).
Sign up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JFCH23T
Leave: We will depart St. Luke’s Lodge August 26th at 6:30pm. Pack a dinner for the trip (it is a three hour drive).
Return: We’ll be back to St. Luke’s Lodge noon August 28th.
Scouts working on First Class should be studying Chapter 11 in the Scout Handbook on Map & Compass
Meals: purchased by scoutmasters and assigned to each patrol for preparation and serving.
This campout will cost $25.00 per scout.
Hi Troop 56,
Stacey Stalcup, Glenn Funkhouser, and I will be supporting the Troop 56 popcorn efforts this year, whose official theme is “Galactic” (Shhh, we really want “Star Wars” but you can use other thematic ideas too; Star Trek is also good :).
Some key popcorn dates for your information:
* Sale Begins – September 17 – We will have show and sells for Scout participation
* All unsold popcorn to be returned to the Troop – October 17
* Sale Ends – October 23
* Final Orders Due – November 1
* Final Order delivery November 16 – 19
In the next week or so you will receive in the US mail the 2016 Scout Popcorn order form, which will contain info on the popcorn products. Additional general information is at http://crossroadsbsa.org/popcorn .
We will be kicking off the popcorn season with some info and Galactic (“Star Wars”) prizes for the Scouts at the first Scout meeting on August 15th.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
John Blue – email@example.com – 317 450-1958
Glenn Funkhouser – firstname.lastname@example.org – 317 727-6770
Stacey Stalcup – email@example.com – 317 646-5121
Troop 56 will be helping setup and take down chairs for the Indianapolis 500 Parade on May 28th along Pennsylvania St between New York and Ohio Streets. Drivers are also needed to get Scouts to and from event.
- Be at Luke’s Lodge at 7:30 AM, May 28 and plan to car pool downtown by 8:00 AM.
- Return Luke’s Lodge 3:00 PM, May 28th.
- Eat breakfast before departure.
- Be prepared for the weather for the day: Bring sunscreen and a hat to protect your head. Or bring rain gear.
- Bring spending money for food as there will be time to enjoy the treats downtown.
- Bring a folding chair of your own to sit on during the parade, as the chairs we are setting up are for paid ticket holders. There is room behind those seats for volunteers to sit.
Class A uniforms are required for all
This signup will close by 5pm May 26th.
Questions? Contact Robert Conrad – Home: 317-974-9899, Mobile: 317-384-4563, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sam W., a Troop 56 Life Scout, is running a shoe drive to collect shoes for the charity, Soles for Souls, http://soles4souls.org.
Soles for Souls distributes shoes to the needy around the world.
Sam will be collecting donated shoes at every troop meeting until the end of year (except for the meeting of April 25th).
Please bring any new or gently used shoes you have.
Troop-56 will be going canoeing at the Chain O Lakes State Park, 2355 E 75 S, Albion, IN 46701 (Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/Hh1SMze2wuQ2 ).
Sign up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NSHNDQ6
Sign-ups will be limited to 18 Scouts on a first come first serve basis.
Leave: We will depart St. Luke’s Lodge May 20 at 6:30pm. Pack a dinner for the trip (it is a three hour drive).
Return: We’ll be back to St. Luke’s Lodge 1pm May 22. Lunch will be eaten on the return drive back.
Who can signup:
- Age 13 or older
- Meet one of the following:
- Passed the BSA Swimmer Test for the 2016 year
- Be an active current member of a high school or club swim team
- Have completed the swimming merit badge
- Have a current physical form with Parts A, B, and C completed within 12 months before May 22, on file with the troop (form information PDF). – All Scouts in the Troop have Parts A and B completed (a requirement to be in the Troop). If you attended Ransburg in the summer of 2015 then you have Part C completed and on file.
- Not have a physical condition that would prevent them from getting into the lake.
FYI, Acceptance of swim team / club membership and/or swimming merit badge completion in lieu of the pre-camp BSA Swimmer Test will be up to the judgement of the Scoutmasters.
Troop 343 has invited Troop 56 scouts to participate in a Boy Scout swim test at Pike High School April 25 at 7pm (Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/he25DMZHSBM2 ).
Sign up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WH9TNZQ
The swim test cost will be $5 and open to all Troop 56 Scouts and adults.
The swim test is required for all summer camp activities that involve aquatics (swimming, canoeing, kayaking, water skiing, small boat sailing, etc).
If you miss this swim test opportunity, you can still take it at Ransburg on arrival.
This signup will be used to get a number count for those interested and able to take the test on April 25.
Troop-56 will be going climbing at the Torrent Falls Climbing Venue at Red River Gorge, KY on April 15-17. 1617 North KY 11, Campton, KY 41301 (Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/RTDkbktzYPz ).
Leave: We will depart St. Luke’s Lodge April 15 at 6:30pm. Dinner will be on the drive down (it takes four hours to get there).
Camping will be at McKee Scout Reservation (8695 Levee Rd, Jeffersonville, KY 40337 Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/grjXSHx8yUJ2 ).
Climbing: All day April 16. Waivers must be signed by all climbers.
* Wavier: http://torrentfalls.com/wp-content/uploads/Torrent-Falls-Climbing-Adventure-Waiver.pdf
Return: We’ll be back to St. Luke’s Lodge 2pm April 17. Lunch will be eaten on the return drive back.